Internet of things for Energy efficiency of buildings
Optimizing energy consumption is an essential objective in the construction of new buildings and in the retrofitting of existing ones.
Tera designs and manufactures building automation systems for environmental monitoring and energy efficiency of all type of buildings, from residential structures, to schools, to public and private offices.
Custom IoT solutions for Smart Building
The TERA4Buildings systems are based on two types of Smart Gateway: GIoE (Gateway for Internet of Everything) and BEETA BOX (Building Energy Efficiency Trusted Advisor) which, through the most popular IoT protocols, allow communication with various types of devices (sensors / meters / detectors / actuators from different manufacturers and from different protocols – vendor-lock-in free approach). With BEETA BOX, moreover, the energy manager or building manager can detect, with simple programmable visual signals, the correct functioning or system anomalies. TERA4Buildings, is based on a flexible, open, modular and scalable architecture.
Tera’s IoT solutions allow you to monitor and manage the energy performance of the building in an easy, effective and efficient way, in order to:
- improve environmental comfort
- save on energy consumption
- improve user behavior
- detect failures and improve maintenance
- monitor infrastructures (dangerous buildings, bridges, …)
IoT for Smart Building
Building monitoring and management
with TERA4Buildings systems.
Tera4Energy implements energy monitoring allowing you to start a path towards the company’s energy and production efficiency, while ensuring compliance with Legislative Decree 102/2014. The system provides for the installation of an interoperable Edge Computer with sensors, both wireless and wired, which collect information on consumption trends in real time. The information is sent to the Tera4Energy software platform (installable on both Server and Cloud), which displays information on energy consumption in real time, activates alarms (alerts) on exceeding thresholds, stores and makes this data available for subsequent processing. customizable.
The dashboard is simple to use and offers a synoptic view of the trend of consumption and of total production and consumption values, by function, by individual department or building, down to the detail of the individual machinery / energy load, customizable according to the needs of the user.
The devices compatyible with GIoE and BEETA BOX
allow users to measure the parameters of:
- monitoring of: global electricity consumption, thermal energy produced, fuel consumption, electricity produced by photovoltaic generators, detailed and on-off electrical consumption (sockets, air conditioning, lighting), electrical consumption for each equipment / load
- KPI: consumption by surface, occupation, temperatures, environment type, etc; photovoltaic production performance compared to expected production, underperformance, “mismatch”, self-consumption
- alert: overloads with imminent risk of disconnection, disconnection occurred, breakdowns / underperformance of specific devices / systems / electrical loads, convenience of battery adoption
- suggestions / implementations: automatic modification of the temperature setpoints (on / off / modulation of thermal machines) according to the presence and internal / esternal temperature.
- monitoring of: temperature and relative humidity, CO2 / CO / smoke / methane level, floor water level (flooding), people movements, door and window openings
- KPIs: temperatures and / or CO2 per room occupancy hours and / or number of door / window openings, other custom KPIs
- alerts: opening / closing of doors / windows, movement of people, risk of flooding, risk of fire / explosion, other custom alerts
- suggestions / implementations: automatic change of light intensity, ventilation
Technologies and production environments
always under control
energy consumption monitoring: general and individual parts of the building, thermal machines (heat pumps, thermal plants), office machines, instruments, photovoltaic systems
SW System for DSS (Decision Support System): dashboard, historical analysis, alarm generation, automation, KPI produced by algorithms (AI applied to IoT – coming soon)
Analysis, Business Intelligence, KPI functions
available on Tera software or by integration of
opensource tools and third-party platforms:
visualization on dashboards, historical analyzes and reports, e.g., for: performance of energy consumption, consumption per unit of surface, per degree of room occupancy or per air temperature degrees.
visualization in dashboards, historical analyzes and reports, for example, for: productivity of the photovoltaic system, remuneration of the photovoltaic system, instantaneous performance index, mismatch index (and convenience in adopting a power optimizer)
alert for overloads, failures / underperformance of specific devices / systems / appliances
temperature setpoint modification advice
self-consumption index and convenience in adopting an electrical storage system (batteries) for photovoltaic prosumers
automatic modification (through special actuators) of set point temperature, light intensity, ventilation according to environmental parameters
Tera is the ideal partner for all companies wishing to access the contributions of Titolo VI of the Puglia Region ““Aiuti ai privati per Efficientamento edifici/industrie” which provides for the obligation to install a monitoring and backup system for data collection and storage of energy consumption and production.